Book on Qandeel Baloch's life shortlisted for Indian literary prize
Maher wrote on Twitter,“Some fantastic news to start the day off – The Sensational Life & Death of Qandeel Baloch is shortlisted for the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize this year!”
The First Book Prize was initiated by the Shakti Bhatt Foundation in 2008 to encourage authors from the sub-continent. The winner, to be announced in November is expected to get a cash award of INR200,000 and a trophy.
According to Shakti Bhatt Foundation’s social media account, the submissions for the book prize were in the following genres: poetry, fiction, graphic novels, creative non-fiction (travel writing, autobiography, biography and narrative journalism), and drama.
Maher has been shortlisted alongside five other authors, including Preti Taneja (We That Are Young), Sujatha Gilda (Ants Among Elephants), Deepak Unnikrishnan (Temporary People), Aanchal Malhotra (Remnants of a Separation) and Shreevatsa Nevatia (How to Travel Light).
Good Luck Sanam Maher!
- Man arrested for creating fake account of PM Shehbaz on Twitter02:50 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Pakistan announce squad for West Indies ODI series02:16 PM | 23 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz reappoints Dr Saeed Akhtar as PKLI chairman01:40 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Sarah Saeed - Meet the youngest BPS-22 officer of Pakistan01:00 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Resham slams Imran Khan over sexist remarks against Maryam Nawaz12:16 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Is Aamir Liaquat getting ready for fourth marriage? Here’s all you ...07:49 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022