Will Queen Elizabeth retire at 95, really?
She's got no plans of slowing down!
Queen Elizabeth II is nowhere ready to step down from her role as monarch despite recent rumors suggesting she intends to retire at the age of 95.
A statement Thursday from Clarence House, Charles's London palace and office, denied the queen has retirement in mind or even that there have been discussions about it.
“There are no plans for any change in arrangements at the age of 95 — or any other age,” said the statement, confirmed by USA TODAY.
Although she won't be officially retiring for the time being, she did recently transferred one particular major role to Kate Middleton.
The Palace announced that the Duchess of Cambridge now has a patronage with the British charity Family Action, a role that Queen Elizabeth II held for 65 years.
"Family Action is honored that The Duchess of Cambridge has become our Royal Patron," shared Family Action Chief Executive David Holmes in a statement earlier.
Who know what the future will hold. For now, Queen Elizabeth going to stick around for a while!
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Adnan Siddiqui, Humayun Saeed team up for new Pak-Turk project11:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Accha’ makes it to Cambridge Dictionary11:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Virgin Atlantic launches direct flights for Pakistan next week11:14 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- PIA removed from EU Commission’s list of banned airlines10:41 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Punjab governor, wife volunteer for COVID-19 vaccine trial10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Beautiful bond’ between Rahim Pardesi's wives sparks online ...09:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020