Will Air India be allowed to use Saudi airspace for flights to Israel?
Well for now all such claims have been denied
Saudi Arabia- According to reports from international media, Saudi Arabia has granted permission to Air India to fly through the Kingdom’s airspace en route to Israel. While on the other hand a 70 year old ban to Tel Aviv is said to be still intact. However if there is a shift in the policy it would be a huge deal as there will a few questions raised to where the global socio-economic equilibrium stands.
This is HUGE!— Arsen Ostrovsky (@Ostrov_A) February 7, 2018
For the first time, #SaudiArabia has just approved a direct flight to #Israel (through #India) over its territory. The new flight will shave at least 2.5 hours of flying time (from 8.5 hrs to 6 hrs). 🇮🇳✈🇸🇦🇮🇱https://t.co/YmRIGpPZyl
What this means? ⬆⬆⬆ pic.twitter.com/QLlmmVAQiO
Isreali media claims that the permission has been granted, but on the other hand a spokesperson for the General Authority of Civil Aviation has denied that any such permissions were given. He clarified that Air India will not be flying to Israel using Kingdom's airspace but attempted to start flights last year which were stopped by the Kingdom’s Aviation authorities.
People are now arguing if Air India should be granted this permission or not and people are divided on the discussion. Abdulrahman Al Rashed , a columnist argued on how the ban should remain intact for Israel along with Iran and Qatar.
“The ban on the flights of these countries should remain in place until the time comes and they are reconciled,” Al-Rashed wrote in a column.
In his column he questioned whether it is necessary to block airspace for friendly nations?
"Our relations with the countries of the rest of the world are good, and we are supposed to allow their civilian aircraft to pass through Saudi airspace, regardless of their destination," he penned
“There are no relations between Saudi Arabia and Israel. There is the Arab peace initiative that constitutes the road map to reach peace and to establish normal relations between Israel and the Arab states,” Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir said in November.
What is even happening ?
My interview today on @WIONews about the historic decision by #SaudiArabia to allow direct flight over its territory from #India to #Israel. https://t.co/m4yX9pKRtQ— Arsen Ostrovsky (@Ostrov_A) February 7, 2018
Big not only for Saudi-Israel relations, but underscores importance of @narendramodi as regional powerbroker! pic.twitter.com/n3LBRtwReL
If something like this happens or if this is for real then all the foreign relations will be up for discussion as it will not only highlight the relationship between India, Saudi Arabia and Israel. Pakistan and other Muslim states will be getting the limelight and it could lead to huge changes further in global economy.
- 'Pawri or Khuwari'? Sindh Female police officers jump on #Pawri ...12:30 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Relatives of PM’s wife turn out to be bail guarantors in Hamza ...11:55 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 11 – Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars set for ...11:35 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-February-28- ...11:20 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 February 202111:05 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Indians boycott 'Spider-Man' over anti-Modi tweet11:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021