British man becomes 'first' cancer patient to scale Mount Everest
The personal trainer, who reached the summit on Monday, has raised almost 31,500 pounds for the cancer charity Macmillan , beating the target of 29,100 pounds.
"Nothing to see here, just some cancer dude (Sheffield Wednesday) fan on the summit of Everest with a @SUFC_tweets flag," Toothill tweeted.
He believes that he is the first cancer patient to scale the world's highest mountain, the BBC News reported.
Toothill was diagnosed with bowel cancer in June 2015 and told in early 2016 that he had beaten the disease, but later found out it had returned.
Toothill said he has been told that he has "just several months left to live".
He reached the top of the North Col route on May 16 and the summit of Everest on June 5.
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- CEOs YouTube, Siemens call on PM Imran04:08 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- President Trump to visit Pakistan soon: FM Qureshi03:41 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019