BJP leader in hot waters for distributing liquor outside Indian temple (VIDEO)
Nitin Agarwal, the son of BJP leader Naresh Agarwal, had organised a sammelan (conference) for the Pasi (a Scheduled Caste in Hinduism) community at the Shravan Devi Temple in Hardoi, where 200 ml neatly packed bottles of alcohol were distributed among the attendees, including children.
Videos taken from mobile phones show Agarwal announcing from the dais that the food packets will be handed over to the village headman who would, in turn, distribute it to the people accompanying him.
"All the Pradhan's (village headman) must go to the place where food is being distributed. The pradhan's must take the packet to distribute it to their people," Agarwal was heard saying at the event.
The complainant maintains that "Naresh Agarwal, who has recently joined the BJP had organised a Pasi sammelan (gathering) at one of our religious places. I will call it an unfortunate incident because it (liquor bottles) was given to small children whom we had given pens and copies earlier. I will inform the top leadership and write to the excise department about how such large-scale distribution of liquor went unnoticed."
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Tu Jhoom' - Coke Studio's producer Xulfi refutes plagiarism claims03:44 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021