PEMRA directs TV channels not to air dramas with 'controversial content'
In a statement, the authority said that such content is not only distressing for the viewers but is also against the commonly accepted standards of decency.
It further said that the prevalent trend of airing quiet bold themes in Pakistani drama industries has resulted in massive public complaints.
“The viewers have severely criticized content being shown in dramas these days. They are of the opinion that dramas are not depicting the true picture of Pakistani society.
“Indecent scenes, dialogues, extramarital relations, violence, inappropriate dressing, rape scenes, caressing, bed scenes, use of drugs and alcohol, intimate moments between couples are being glamorized in utter disregard to Pakistani culture and values.
“Besides, established religious beliefs regarding "Divorce and Halala" are being distorted through weak plots and storylines, creating confusion among the viewers about religious principles.
“Majority of the scripts revolve around women, having same story pick, plot or purpose.
“These dramas depict a hackneyed image of women and have confined themselves to feminist issues only, ignoring children, teenagers, and men,” the detailed notification said.
The PEMRA keeping in mind the above complaints advised all TV channels to stop airing such content in dramas and produce content in consonance with the socio-culture norms as per aspirations of Pakistani society.
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:19 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan court awards 29-year jail term to man over rape, child ...11:55 AM | 21 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz congratulates Chinese President Xi on 71st anniversary of ...11:26 AM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022