Shah Mahmood Qureshi’s son tests positive for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) member of National Assembly Zain Qureshi tested positive for coronavirus amid rising number of infection cases in the country.
The son of Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has requested people for prayers.
I have tested positive for Covid-19 for the second time, isolating at home. So far have mild fever and headaches hoping it’s Asymptomatic like last time. Plz keep me in your prayers. May Allah keep everyone safe..also plz take this 3rd wave seriously + have the elderly vaccinated— Zain Hussain Qureshi (@ZainHQ) March 9, 2021
Last year, the foreign minister had tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
'This afternoon I felt a slight fever and immediately quarantined myself at home. I have now tested positive for Covid 19. By the grace of Allah, I feel strong and energetic," Qureshi had said on Twitter.
At least 54 people lost their lives due to the novel coronavirus infection while 1,353 fresh cases have reported in the last 24 hours, National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) said Tuesday.
According to the latest figures, the death toll has surged to 13,281 while the number of confirmed cases stands at 593,453.
In the past 24 hours, as many as 3,365 patients have recovered from the novel virus while the total recoveries stand at 563,823. The total count of active cases is 16,349.
At least 259,956 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Sindh, 178,648 in Punjab 74,167 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 45,976 in Islamabad, 19,121 in Balochistan, 10,626 in Azad Kashmir, and 4,959 in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Moreover, 5,600 individuals have lost their lives to the epidemic in Punjab 4,436 in Sindh, 2,118 in KP, 511 in Islamabad, 313 in Azad Kashmir, 201 in Balochistan, and 102 in Gilgit Baltistan.
A total of 31,786 tests were conducted in the last 24 hours while 9,278,613 samples have been tested so far.
Alia Bhatt undergoes COVID-19 testing after ... 07:55 PM | 9 Mar, 2021
Bollywood diva Alia Bhatt has taken the COVID-19 test after her boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor was confirmed coronavirus ...
- All 'unnecessary movement' restricted in Karachi after 6pm as Covid ...12:47 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan amicably repatriates 46 Afghan soldiers who crossed border ...12:24 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan to receive 4.2mn doses of Chinese Covid vaccines today11:43 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan's first-ever ‘Nishan-e-Haider’ recipient Capt. Sarwar ...11:21 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest Pakistani to scale K210:45 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic breaks the internet with new beach photo03:15 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021