"Only few Kashmiris pelt stones, media must stop spreading hatred against Kashmir": Mehbooba Mufti
"There are some who pelt stones, but not all the youth from Kashmir do so," she said, urging the national media not to highlight discussions that "developed hatred" against the people of the state.
Kashmiri students were "angry and disillusioned", she told reporters at a brief interaction at the opening of the Civil Secretariat here, referring to the ongoing protests.
I request national media to not show discussions on TV that spread hatred against people of J&K, in the country: Mehbooba Mufti, J&K CM pic.twitter.com/f9YMgXB87i— ANI (@ANI) May 8, 2017
The chief minister believed that some students were being "provoked".
"Some are being provoked. I think we should all work together to resolve this situation," she said. The situation was "serious", she added.
"But I do not think it is something which cannot be resolved," she added. Kashmir, the CM said, had seen far worse.
"Since 1947, there have been many occasions when J-K has gone through bad times. Today we are again at the crossroads," she said.
Mehbooba Mufti's comments have unwittingly underlined the fact that the recent antiregime movement has largely turned into a nonviolent intifada.
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- China rubbishes G7 criticism, says 'small' group can't decide world's ...09:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Man with ‘world’s largest family’ dies in India08:24 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Traffic warden in viral video wins PM Imran's heart08:03 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021