Pakistan to repatriate stranded students from Wuhan on May 18
ISLAMABAD – A special flight of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) will bring back some 250 students stranded in the Chinese city of Wuhan on May 18, spokesperson Abdullah Hafeez confirmed on Saturday.
The first flight will land in Islamabad while the schedule for three more flights will be announced next week, he added.
The announcement regarding repatriation of Pakistani students from Wuhan, the first epicenter of a novel coronavirus which is wreaking havoc across the world, was originally made by Special Assistant to Prime Minister for Overseas Pakistani Syed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari on Twitter.
I’m very happy for the 1st flight going to Wuhan to bring back our Pakistani students on 18/05/2020.— Sayed Z Bukhari (@sayedzbukhari) May 8, 2020
You guys have been the bravest soldiers, PM @ImranKhanPTI & Pakistan are proud of you.
Welcome back home !
Despite huge criticism from these students and their parents, the Imran Khan government had advised not to evacuate Pakistani nationals from China, noting that Beijing would demonstrate responsible behaviour and not become a part in spreading the virus.
Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in ... 04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
BEIJING - A Pakistani doctoral student studying at Wuhan University has given birth to a healthy baby girl in Wuhan, ...
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020