#HealthFirst: 5 impressive benefits of eating dates
Below are 5 healthful benefits of adding dates to your diet on daily basis:
Rapid source of energy: Dates are comprised of a large proportion of simple sugars, being mainly in the form of glucose and fructose, which are used heavily for energy by the body.
Consuming a few dates prior to exercise or strenuous activity ensures that your brain and muscles have enough energy to perform at a high intensity.
Rich source of fiber: One-half cup of dates provides 6 grams of fiber or around 22 percent of the daily value for fiber. Dates contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, which help regulate blood sugar.
Great source of natural sugar: Dates are very sweet — that’s because they contain a good amount of natural sugar in the form of glucose and fructose. According to the USDA, one date contains 18 grams of carbohydrate and three dates contain 16 grams.
Since they are very sweet, they have been used as a natural sweetener in many desserts and “energy balls".
Good source of minerals: One-half cup of dates provides about 14 percent of the daily value for potassium, 8 percent for magnesium and 10 percent for manganese. They also are an excellent source for vitamin B6, providing about 24 percent of the daily value for each ½ cup.
Controls Blood Pressure: One striking feature of dates is that their sodium content is so low it can be considered negligible, while they contain more than enough potassium.
We know that excessive sodium (salt) is a major contributing factor to high blood pressure, but potassium exerts a controlling effect, helping promote sodium excretion.
Enjoy dates as they are!!!!
- Karachi stats show 36pc spike in rape cases in 2020 – 7 years high11:31 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Four rare black deer stolen from Lahore’s Safari Park11:01 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Taliban hails US troop drawdown from Afghanistan10:29 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- ATC sentences student to death for 'killing professor over anti-Islam ...10:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,521 new cases, 43 deaths09:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021