#HealthFirst: 5 impressive benefits of eating dates
Below are 5 healthful benefits of adding dates to your diet on daily basis:
Rapid source of energy: Dates are comprised of a large proportion of simple sugars, being mainly in the form of glucose and fructose, which are used heavily for energy by the body.
Consuming a few dates prior to exercise or strenuous activity ensures that your brain and muscles have enough energy to perform at a high intensity.
Rich source of fiber: One-half cup of dates provides 6 grams of fiber or around 22 percent of the daily value for fiber. Dates contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, which help regulate blood sugar.
Great source of natural sugar: Dates are very sweet — that’s because they contain a good amount of natural sugar in the form of glucose and fructose. According to the USDA, one date contains 18 grams of carbohydrate and three dates contain 16 grams.
Since they are very sweet, they have been used as a natural sweetener in many desserts and “energy balls".
Good source of minerals: One-half cup of dates provides about 14 percent of the daily value for potassium, 8 percent for magnesium and 10 percent for manganese. They also are an excellent source for vitamin B6, providing about 24 percent of the daily value for each ½ cup.
Controls Blood Pressure: One striking feature of dates is that their sodium content is so low it can be considered negligible, while they contain more than enough potassium.
We know that excessive sodium (salt) is a major contributing factor to high blood pressure, but potassium exerts a controlling effect, helping promote sodium excretion.
Enjoy dates as they are!!!!
- Qatar to employ 150,000 employees from Pakistan03:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PTI lawmakers join #PawriHoRahiHai trend with ‘rebel’ Karim Buksh ...03:26 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Tiktoker Zoi Hashmi breaks silence about leaked 'rape' video01:35 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021