NAB warns of imprisonment for frivolous complaints
According to a communique issued by the bureau on Friday, Chairman Justice Javed Iqbal has directed the bureau to act against complaints lodged 'with any motivation beyond law or loaded interests or with intent to cause malice to others' under section 18-h of National Accountability Ordinance (NAO), 1999 which states:
'If a complaint is inquired into and investigated by NAB and it is concluded that ﬁle complaint received was prima facie frivolous or has been ﬁled with the intent or malign and defame any person, the Chairman NAB, may refer the matter to the court and if the complainant is found guilty he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with ﬁne or with both,' stated the press release.
The anti-graft body, however, clarified that NAB would encourage genuine complainants who lodge their complaints on the basis of solid evidence and documents that prima facie suggest commission of offences of corruption and corrupt practices.
The accountability watchdog stated that as per the procedures, after receipt of an application, complaint veriﬁcation is conducted to ascertain genuineness and veracity of the contents of complaint by calling complainant who submits afﬁdavit to that effect.
The bureau has explicitly stated that all the complainants have to submit an undertaking that their complaint is not frivolous and undertaking signed by the complainant.
- Pakistani military jumps 5 places on Global Firepower Index 202102:31 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Lahore man hires contract killers for Rs 1.2mn to murder father02:00 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Oppo Reno5 is Now Available in the Market for all Photography ...01:23 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- 23 die in Norway after receiving first dose of Pfizer vaccine01:05 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Divine gesture – New Zealand captain pauses match to check out ...12:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- What is the relationship between PM Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi and ...05:27 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Tahmina Javed enters Pakistan's drama industry07:30 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Mathira reveals about her relationship with ex-husband06:17 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021