PCB refers Umar Akmal matter to Disciplinary Panel Chairman
LAHORE – After determining that Umar Akmal has not requested for a hearing before the Anti-Corruption Tribunal, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has referred the matter to the chairman of the Disciplinary Panel, Justice (r) Fazal-e-Miran Chauhan, former Lahore High Court Judge.
The PCB made the determination after examining the contents of Umar Akmal’s reply in which no written request for a hearing before the Anti-Corruption Tribunal had been made for the purposes of contesting liability or level of sanction or both as per Article 4.6.6 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code.
“In accordance with the Article 4.8.1 of the Code, the Chairman of the Disciplinary Panel, shall now issue a public decision confirming the offences under the Code specified in the Notice of Charge and imposing applicable sanctions”, said a spokesman for the PCB here on Thursday.
Until the Chairman of the Disciplinary Panel has announced his decision, the PCB will not comment on the matter, he added.
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- FO dismisses back channel diplomacy with India09:23 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Chohan roasts anchorperson Imran Khan for maligning CM Buzdar08:22 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020