O, A level students approach SHC to cancel physical exams amid Covid resurgence
KARACHI – Students of Cambridge Assessment International Education in Pakistan have filed a petition in the Sindh High Court (SHC) seeking to void the federal government’s decision of conducting physical exams amid the Covid-19 resurgence.
The division bench headed by Justice Mohammad Ali Mazhar of the provincial court accepted the petition and issued notices to the federal education ministry, the Cambridge Assessment International Education, and Pakistan’s top monitoring body to respond in this matter.
Sehar Fatima along with a group of students filed the petition. The applicants argued that the federal government had decided that A and AS level exams will begin from 26 of this month while the O level examination will be held on May 10 as per schedule. The government’s decision shocked the students across the country, the petition cited.
It further added that the government cancelled physical school classes across Pakistan but on the other, they did not choose it for thousands of Cambridge students.
#Cancelboardexams2021 trends on Twitter amid ... 10:04 PM | 3 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – Students have urged education authorities to cancel this year’s board exams as Pakistan is ...
Physical exams risk the safety of all participants and it further stated that the federal government failed to provide reasons why other countries opposed physical exams.
Meanwhile, The British Council Pakistan assured Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mehmood that all Covid-19 standard operating procedures will be followed during the upcoming examinations.
Mehmood also told O, A level students to focus on exams as there will be no change in schedule.
Decisions regarding exams are final. Students should start preparing and working hard. This decision will not be changed so no one should have any uncertainty in their mind. Everything has been done keeping interest of education in mind. My very best wishes to everyone— Shafqat Mahmood (@Shafqat_Mahmood) April 6, 2021
- PSL 7: Shahid Afridi spotted having fun with future son-in-law ...07:58 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Another PIA flight attendant ‘slipped away’ in Canada07:30 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Security forces kill key terrorist in North Waziristan IBO07:10 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Saudi Arabia approves prisoners swap agreement with Pakistan06:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Rihanna donates $15 million to climate justice04:22 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Feroze Khan gears up for his first English rap single03:26 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Model Giti Ara files a lawsuit against ex-husband02:58 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021