No more early closure of markets in Punjab
LAHORE – The new government in the country’s most populous province has allowed markets to remain open past 9 pm to facilitate the trader’s community.
The restricted timings for markets were put in place by former CM Hamza Shahbaz to conserve energy amid rising petroleum product prices, however, the traders community had been demanding an end to the restriction for months.
CM Elahi also revoked weekly lockdowns in major cities which were imposed by the coalition government under Hamza Shahbaz.
PTI-backed Punjab CM also ordered the secretary of the industry to issue a notification in this regard and inform all the relevant authorities including the district administrations about the changes.
Punjab govt imposes 'complete lockdown' on ... 11:33 PM | 21 Jun, 2022
LAHORE – The Punjab government has decided to impose a complete lockdown on business activities in the provincial ...
Earlier, the PML-N government restricted businesses to close at 9 pm to conserve energy amid a widening power shortfall.
- COAS General Bajwa likely to meet top official during his stay in US10:00 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Miftah Ismail terms slash in POL prices 'reckless' decision09:08 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ace Junior League concludes at Lahore Garrison08:40 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022