A Writer Lodges FIR against Akshay Kumar and PadMan for Plagiarism
After Akshay Kumar’s Pad Man’s release, a writer Ripu Daman Jaiswal has reportedly filed a complaint against Akshay Kumar and Pad Man producers claiming they have committed plagiarism.
When the trailer was released, he shared a series of emails online in which he showed screenshots his copy of the story which is currently with Dharma Productions. He pointed out the similarities between his own script and Akshay Kumar’s film.
After watching Pad Man, he claimed 11 scenes were copied from his script.
Intermission of PadMan. 11 scenes has been copied from my script uptil now and even one of the character. That’s it. I am definitely going to court.— Ripu Daman Jaiswal (@Shivashorcrux) February 9, 2018
Jaiswal went onto talk about the line Amitabh Bachchan said in the film:
I remember I was in the library when I wrote this dialogue and was truly elated. Honestly, I surprised myself that day. Tell me, how on earth can you steal someone’s dialogue?— Ripu Daman Jaiswal (@Shivashorcrux) February 10, 2018
This is unfair.
(Amitabh Bachchan quoted this dialogue in PadMan.) pic.twitter.com/9mQN3Jlt8T
- He is reported to have lodged the FIR on January 23rd.
- Islamabad police produce Shahbaz Gill in court to seek extension in ...09:22 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's #currencyexchange rates in #Pakistan - #Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:38 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 19 August 202208:16 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- US Centcom chief meets Genenral Bajwa at GHQ11:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- 'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi' slammed for glorifying abuse, violence10:21 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022