Indian SC terms govt's restrictive orders in Occupied Kashmir as abuse of power
NEW DELHI - Indian Supreme Court (SC) has asked the BJP government to review its actions in Occupied Kashmir within seven days terming them as ‘unjustifiable’.
While pronouncing its verdict on Friday on pleas filed against restrictions in the held -territory, the Indian top court termed Indian government's restrictive orders in Occupied Kashmir as abuse of power.
The Court ordered for immediate restoration of internet for essential services like health and education and said that right to internet access is a fundamental right under the Constitution and its suspension is unconstitutional.
The court also asked the government to publish all orders on Internet suspension and travel restrictions to enable legal challenges.
The Indian SC announced its verdict on the petitions filed by Congress leader, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Anuradha Bhasin, Executive Editor of Kashmir Times and others against blockades and restrictions imposed in occupied Kashmir following abrogation of Article 370 of the constitution since August 5 last year.
- FO summons envoy as India opens unprovoked fire at LoC10:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani forces foil terror bid in Bajaur09:25 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- President Alvi watches PAKvBAN T20I at Gaddafi09:22 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019