Punjab’s agriculture tax revenue dips by 33pc in 2015-16
The agriculture income tax, which came in force on July 1, 2015, was challenged by a number of land holders in the last fiscal year on the ground that they were already paying different taxes, such as income tax, abyana, malia and other indirect taxes. They also said that the government had not consulted them before imposing the agriculture tax.
The tax applies to farmers having 25 acres of irrigated land (equivalent to 50 acres of un-irrigated land). Farmers are required to submit their tax returns under the amendments introduced in AIT Act 1997 in 2001.
- Pakistan ranks as world’s most affordable country to live in11:19 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani minister slams India's Modi for leaving world at delta ...10:17 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021