The things that worried Edhi on his deathbed, according to wife Bilquis
Some media reports quoted her saying: "He was so busy with his work that he had made his office his house."
According to Mrs Edhi, Abdul Sattar Edhi was also worried about his son Qutab Edhi, who is currently residing abroad. Mr Edhi spoke to his son just three days before his death for the last time, she said.
Renown philanthropist and founder of Edhi Foundation Abdul Sattar Edhi had passed away on Friday late night.
Later on Saturday, he was laid to rest at Edhi Village, following a state funeral attended by President Mamnoon Hussain, the three services chiefs, two chief ministers, Sindh governor and thousands of others including political and rights activists.
His son, Faisal Edhi told newsmen that Edhi's last words were, “Take good care of the poor of my country.”
He said that his father had advised the family to donate all of his body parts after his death and that the dress he was wearing at the time of death should be made his shroud.
- Ben Stokes takes ‘indefinite’ break for mental wellbeing10:51 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran extends condolences to Turkey over forest fire causalities10:20 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:45 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan reports highest daily COVID cases in 3 months as positivity ...09:25 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 31 July 202109:13 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Indian remake of Noor Jehan’s song in anti-Pakistan movie angers ...09:49 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021