The things that worried Edhi on his deathbed, according to wife Bilquis
Some media reports quoted her saying: "He was so busy with his work that he had made his office his house."
According to Mrs Edhi, Abdul Sattar Edhi was also worried about his son Qutab Edhi, who is currently residing abroad. Mr Edhi spoke to his son just three days before his death for the last time, she said.
Renown philanthropist and founder of Edhi Foundation Abdul Sattar Edhi had passed away on Friday late night.
Later on Saturday, he was laid to rest at Edhi Village, following a state funeral attended by President Mamnoon Hussain, the three services chiefs, two chief ministers, Sindh governor and thousands of others including political and rights activists.
His son, Faisal Edhi told newsmen that Edhi's last words were, “Take good care of the poor of my country.”
He said that his father had advised the family to donate all of his body parts after his death and that the dress he was wearing at the time of death should be made his shroud.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021