PSL spot fixing: FIA submits initial report to Chaudhry Nisar
ISLAMABAD - The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Friday submitted the initial inquiry report on spot fixing scandal emerged during Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2017 to Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan.
According to the report, evidence existed for the alleged involvement of players in the PSL spot fixing, while the matter of deleting messages from their phones is also being investigated.
Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan said that responsible should be pointed out after forensic investigation of evidence provided by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). He directed the authorities to complete the investigation as soon as possible.
He urged the officials to carry out unbiased investigation in the case.
It is important to mention here that cricketers Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif are under the clouds of the investigation after being suspended by PCB for their alleged involvement in the scandal. The investigation is also underway against Muhammad Irfan.
“Sharjeel Khan had been charged with violation of Code Articles 2.1.1; 2.1.2; 2.1.3; 2.4.4; and 2.4.5 and Khalid Latif has been charged with violation of Code Articles 2.1.1; 2.1.2; 2.1.3; 2.1.4; 2.4.4; and 2.4.5,” read a statement of PCB issued in last month.
- Former US President Bill Clinton hospitalised in California09:33 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 October 202109:12 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Reham Khan releases video apology on London court orders for defaming ...09:08 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- 'Aik Hai Nigar' – ISPR’s telefilm featuring Mahira Khan to ...08:16 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Ajay Devgn shares heartwarming story about Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan06:04 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf aka 'Bhola' showcases his versatility in recent viral ...05:30 PM | 14 Oct, 2021