US blocks Pakistan's request for UN to sanction JuA terrorist Khurasani
Although Islamabad has not yet received any information formally about the development regarding his request with the UN Security Council’s sanctions committee for listing Khurasani, the Foreign Office has informally learnt that the process has been halted due to an objection by the US, Dawn News reported.
Washington raised concerns over mentioning the location of JuA leader as Afghanistan in Islamabad’s request made by around nine months ago. On Pakistan’s request, the terrorist group had been earlier listed by the UNSC in July 2017 mentioning its based as Lalpura, in Nangarhar province of Afghanistan.
JuA was listed for “participating in the financing, planning, facilitating, preparing, or perpetrating of acts or activities by, in conjunction with, under the name of, on behalf of, or in support of, otherwise supporting acts or activities of and either owned or controlled, directly or indirectly by, or otherwise supporting Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant”.
The militant outfit is one of the splinter groups of the banned TTP and it first came to prominence when it claimed responsibility for Wagah suicide attack in Lahore. It has claimed responsibility for multiple attacks in Pakistan, including the 2014 attacks in Mohmand Agency, 2015 Lahore Church attack, blast in a Lahore’s Gulshan-e-Iqbal park and others.
'Put pressure on Pakistan,' Trump's new Afghan ... 08:56 AM | 22 Aug, 2017
WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump, on Monday unleashed his policy of ramping up pressure on Pakistan, a close ally ...
- LIVE: PTI supporters in Imran Khan's long march set police van on ...11:03 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022