Defending champion Novak Djokovic cruises into US Open final
The world number one from Serbia, trying to become the first man to win back-to-back titles at Flushing Meadows since Roger Federer won five straight from 2004-08.
The elated defending champion expressed his views after the match.
“I was completely caught off guard when he just stood there and chipped the ball back and didn't do much. If I would get to the net he would go for the passing shot and hit some impossible gets and balls,” Djokovic said.
In Sunday's final, he will face either Swiss Stan Wawrinka or Japanese Kei Nishikori.
The US Open is held annually, starting on the last Monday in August, and lasting for two weeks into September, with the middle weekend coinciding with the Labor Day holiday. It is the only Grand Slam that employs tiebreakers in every set of a match.
- Top Court rejects Sindh govt appeal, directs to release Omar Sheikh01:45 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Bank AL Habib's profit increases by 59.48 percent01:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ADB approves $10bn for economic recovery of Pakistan12:53 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ‘Don’t lie to me’: India’s top cardiologist gets wife’s ...12:28 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Biden: 'We can't wait any longer' to address climate crisis12:03 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021