Motorway rape case — PM Imran says women protection govt’s top priority
ISLAMABAD - Taking strong notice of incidents dishonouring an innocent girl and a woman, Prime Minister Imran Khan has ordered to bring the culprits to justice.
In a statement, the Prime Minister sought reports into the incidents from the concerned inspector generals of police.
The Prime Minister said protection of women is the foremost priority of the government and no civilized society can allow such kind of brutality and cruelty.
He said these incidents are a blot on our society and social norms.
Imran Khan also directed to make laws more stringent to prevent incidents of rape against innocent children and women.
On Wednesday, two men allegedly raped a woman on Lahore motorway when she was waiting for her relatives for help when her car ran out of fuel.
The brother of the victim also contacted motorway police and asked them to help her sister but he was denied, saying the area did not fell under their jurisdiction.
Police reported to the incident after receiving a call from a by passer on 15.
The victim told police that she was raped in front of her children, adding that the culprits also took away her jewllery, cash, ATM cards and car registration card.
Police have registered a case while suspects are still on the run.
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020