As per UN charter and clauses, India cannot amend status of Kashmir: Maleeha
NEW YORK - Pakistan’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Maleeha Lodhi says India has committed violations of the UN resolutions on Kashmir, besides sabotaging peace efforts made by Pakistan for the region.
Talking to a private news channel, she said step by step diplomacy is being put in place to address the long-standing issue of Kashmir.
She said Kashmir issue should be resolved as per the charter of the United Nations, and that the Kashmiris' struggle for the right to self-determination is part of that charter, the Radio Pakistan reported.
To a question, Maleeha Lodhi said that as per the UN charter and clauses, India cannot amend the status of Kashmir.
She said the western media and the general public have criticized India for gross violations of human rights in Kashmir and changing its status.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020