As per UN charter and clauses, India cannot amend status of Kashmir: Maleeha
NEW YORK - Pakistan’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Maleeha Lodhi says India has committed violations of the UN resolutions on Kashmir, besides sabotaging peace efforts made by Pakistan for the region.
Talking to a private news channel, she said step by step diplomacy is being put in place to address the long-standing issue of Kashmir.
She said Kashmir issue should be resolved as per the charter of the United Nations, and that the Kashmiris' struggle for the right to self-determination is part of that charter, the Radio Pakistan reported.
To a question, Maleeha Lodhi said that as per the UN charter and clauses, India cannot amend the status of Kashmir.
She said the western media and the general public have criticized India for gross violations of human rights in Kashmir and changing its status.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 86 awarded 55-year jail sentences08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019