'Resign immediately', Imran Khan to Sharifs, Ishaq Dar and Ayaz Sadiq
During a press conference at Bani Gala area of capital Islamabad Tuesday, the PTI chief reiterated his demand for immediate resignations of the top PML-N leadership in the wake of shocking revelations made by the JIT.
Criticising the role of federal ministers during the last two months, Khan said that those who protect criminals are themselves accomplices and, by extension, criminals themselves, which cannot be acceptable in a country like Pakistan.
"His [Ishaq Dar] confessional statement has been proven to be correct which means that he is a money launderer," Imran said while explaining his reasoning for demanding Dar's resignation.
"Nowhere in the world does a money launderer become a finance minister," Khan said. He also accused Dar of corruption worth Rs180 billion in circular debt-related spending.
"They are levelling allegations against the JIT because it did not act like other institutions," he said, alleging that institutions including the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and Intelligence Bureau (IB) were involved in obstruction of justice to protect the "criminal" Sharif family.
SC summons Imran Khan to justify money trail in ... 03:37 PM | 11 Jul, 2017
ISLMABAD - A three member bench of the Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice Saqib Nisar has summoned PTI Chairman ...
"Rather than forwarding a reference against Nawaz Sharif, Ayaz Sadiq forwarded a reference against me in order to protect the prime minister," Khan alleged. "The speaker balances and upholds the sanctity of parliament, which Sadiq has failed to do," Khan added.
"We are [also] going to court against Shehbaz Sharif," Imran Khan announced, repeating the allegation that the Punjab CM had granted his relatives the permission to form three sugar mills in a cotton-growing area - an act identified by courts as a 'conflict of interest', according to Khan.
“Providing a money trail is not that difficult if one actually exists,” Khan said, adding that Jemima Khan, his former spouse, dug up bank statements from 15 years ago to provide a money trail to the Supreme Court.
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022