Ajmal Wazir removed as KP CM's adviser on information on corruption charges
PESHAWAR - Ajmal Wazir has been removed from his post as the government spokesperson of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) on corruption charges and Member Provincial Assembly (MPA) Kamran Bangash has replaced him, a notification from the provincial government revealed today (Saturday).
According to media reports, Kamran Bangash, who is also the special assistant to the chief minister for local government, elections and rural development will hold both portfolios, the notification added.
It is pertinent to be mention here that Wazir was appointed as the chief minister's adviser in March this year.
Media reports said that evidence of corruption was found against Wazir after an audio recording of Wazir and the owner of an advertising agency regarding commission for a deal had surfaced and was presented to Prime Minister Imran Khan after which the premier ordered an high-level inquiry against the former spokesperson.
The action has been taken under Section 3 of KP Advisers and Special Assistants to the Chief Minister (Appointment) Act, 1989.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020