Dia Mirza speaks up about ban on Pakistani artists in India
Mirza, who plays a Pakistani woman in the web series ‘Kaafir’, spoke at the launch of the show in Mumbai. “Art always suffers at the hands of fear... but also art is also reunited and refuelled because of fear. I believe that these prejudices that have been imposed on us, not just take us away from our neighbours, it takes us away from ourselves,” Mirza said.
“And when we deny ourselves the opportunity to communicate and exchange. We are only expressing to the world how fearful we are.”
Pakistani artists were banned from working in India by the All India Cine Workers Association (AICWA) after an attack in Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir, in February which resulted in the death of 40 Central Reserve Police Force personnel.
The story revolves around a Pakistani woman and her child who are held as prisoners and how a journalist tries to get justice for them. Dia Mirza plays the prisoner named Kainaaz Akhtar.
Kaafir, the new web series, is to be released by Zee5 on June 15.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Abrar Ul Haq tests positive for COVID-1908:32 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020