Budget 2021-22: Govt employees reject 10% increase in salaries, pensions
ISLAMABAD – The federal government employees and pensioners have rejected a proposal to raise salaries and pensions by 10% as the PTI-led government presented its third budget in National Assembly on Friday.
Federal Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin tabled the Budget 2021-22 amid rucks by the opposition parties. He announced that the government had proposed 10% rise in salaries and pensions.
But it did not set well with the employees as they staged protests demonstration outside the National Assembly with some saying as, “We reject budget”.
Security outside the parliament has been beefed up in order to avoid any untoward situation.
The protesters are demanding 20% increase in their salaries saying inflation has broken their backbone and they are unable to meet both ends.
Budget 2021-22: PTI govt proposes 10% increase in ... 04:49 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has proposed a raise of ten percent increase in salaries and pensions of government ...
- Punjab top cop vows to treat Mufti Aziz ur Rehman as a test case04:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Triple crowns for Amna Qayum in 2nd PTF Junior National Ranking ...04:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan’s Mariam Nusrat makes it to Forbes ‘Next 1000 List’03:31 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Turgut Alp, Bamsı Beyrek made brand ambassadors for ...02:17 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Mahira Khan spends quality time with beau Salim Karim in Nathia Gali01:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021