Reporting on Imran
Media has reported “indecent” remarks of Imran Khan on some foreign cricketers invited by PCB to participate in PSL. It was an informal observation uttered casually in his capacity as an outstanding cricketer, who has always brought honour to the country. He understands the game and the calibre of cricketers. It was an analysis on the cricketers invited as a replacement of those foreign cricketers who refused to come and play in the final in Lahore.
I fully endorse his views, which have been evidenced by the poor performance of these foreign cricketers in the final and the fact that they were not invited earlier upon being considered not up to the mark.
Reporting an informal utterance as a statement from a person in “news” is certainly a biased, prejudicial and willfully wicked action on the part of the journalist who reported it and is tantamount to professional misconduct. I think it was an effort to act as a darbari to the Badshah; this is because his alleged financial irregularities are under judicial probe mainly due to Imran’s efforts to eradicate corruption by politicians exposed by Panama Offshore companies and even others.
Is it then wrong to try to eliminate corruption and save the national wealth from theft through financial mismanagement? That seems clearly to be what prompted the journalist to undertake biased and malicious reporting.
Hadi Iqbal Hussain
Member Railway Board/Additional Secretary [Retd]
March 11th, 2017.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020