Pak-India tensions: Nandita Das' ‘Manto’ shoot shifted from Lahore to Delhi
Earlier, she had planned to shoot some of its parts in Lahore.
While talking to Indian Newspaper Mumbai Mirror, she revealed, "We all know that Manto spent three-fourth of his life in India but had to leave Bombay, the city he loved, and spent only his last seven years in Lahore. So, to maintain authenticity, we did have plans to shoot in Lahore."
Owing to the difficulty she is likely to face in travelling to Pakistan and has decided to re-locate the Lahore shoots to Delhi.
"The film will cover a period of seven years between 1946 and 1952, which was an important phase in the history of the subcontinent," she added.
The film will stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Manto.
Manto is slated to go on floors in the third week of December. “After a short break, we will shoot till end of February. I’m currently busy with the prep and have a million things to put together,” Nandita added.
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Raees aren't the only films affected by recent Pak-India tense relations.
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge11:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022