Amir Khan joins India's MMA Super Fight League
Pacquiao announced a year ago he had made an investment in Asia-based promotion ONE Championship.
Bolton fighter Khan of Pakistani origin has purchased an undisclosed stake in the India-based Super Fight League (SFL), an MMA promotion founded in 2012.
An acquaintance of SFL CEO Bill Dosanjh, Khan was seen in the SFL 38-India vs Pakistan event held in Dubai.
"We're looking at taking this all around the world," Khan told ESPN.com. "Live events in Dubai and the US as well."
A Pacquaio-Khan mega showdown is also on the cards next year albeit in a boxing ring.
Khan, 28, is excited to be involved in business side of MMA though ruling out cage fighting himself.
"All MMA guys know boxing, and I can give them advice," Khan said.
"I've been kind of involved in MMA before, when I trained with Freddie Roach he was training [former UFC welterweight champion] Georges St-Pierre."
"I think it could even help my boxing career. Sometimes you get into grappling in the boxing ring.
“You have to know how to survive and how to break away from those holds, so working with MMA fighters I think will help me as well," added Khan who says SFL has opened offices in the US and Dubai as well.
- First black US state secretary Colin Powell dies of Covid-1906:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran calls meeting to tackle inflation today06:04 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan desires enduring ties with US: COAS Bajwa05:32 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ushna Shah sets internet ablaze with new bold pictures04:40 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021