Senior Pakistani actor Durdana Butt passes away after losing battle with Covid-19
KARACHI – Senior television actor Durdana Butt, who was on the ventilator for eight days after contracting Covid, breathes her last in Karachi on Thursday.
Reports in local media quoting RJ Khalid Malik cited that she was admitted to hospital after contracting a novel virus. Malik further added that the fifty fifty actor was on the ventilator for about eight days.
View this post on Instagram
She was born on May 9, 1938, in Lahore. Butt started her acting journey in the early 70s. The renowned actor is best remembered for her roles in dramas, most notably Fifty Fifty, Aangan Terha, Ruswai, Intezaar, and Tanhaiyaan.
In 2012, Durdana appeared in Naye Silsilay. She featured in several films as well, including Parey Hut Love, Balu Mahi, Ishq Positive, and Hijrat.
More to follow…
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021