Indian mother gives name 'Uber' to her new born
According to Shahnawaz, the cab driver said the woman from Devli in south Delhi called him asking to be taken to a government hospital. She was with two other women.
"I had asked them to call an ambulance, but the women said that they couldn't get one," said Shahnawaz.
Shahnawaz drove the threesome towards Safdarjung Hospital, but had to halt soon after. "The woman was writhing in pain and her friends did not know what to do," said Shahnawaz.
The trio made a labour room of the cab and helped the woman deliver the baby.
"I pulled out the towels from the seats and poured some drinking water into a bowl. The child was born within minutes and I was really happy to see that he was responding," he said.
This was one of the happiest moment of my life," said Shahnawaz. The woman's family now wants the driver to name the child. At a ceremony on Sunday, Shahnawaz will name the baby after the company he works for— Uber.
- Canada lauds Pakistan's constructive role during Afghan crisis09:04 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Orange Line Metro Train marks its 1st anniversary with a milestone of ...08:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran woos investors at Riyadh investment forum08:19 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran Khan addresses Middle East Green Initiative Summit in Saudi ...07:49 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Twitter hilariously trolls Akshay Kumar after Pakistan's victory ...05:38 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam's father breaks into tears after Pakistan’s victory ...04:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021