Indian mother gives name 'Uber' to her new born
According to Shahnawaz, the cab driver said the woman from Devli in south Delhi called him asking to be taken to a government hospital. She was with two other women.
"I had asked them to call an ambulance, but the women said that they couldn't get one," said Shahnawaz.
Shahnawaz drove the threesome towards Safdarjung Hospital, but had to halt soon after. "The woman was writhing in pain and her friends did not know what to do," said Shahnawaz.
The trio made a labour room of the cab and helped the woman deliver the baby.
"I pulled out the towels from the seats and poured some drinking water into a bowl. The child was born within minutes and I was really happy to see that he was responding," he said.
This was one of the happiest moment of my life," said Shahnawaz. The woman's family now wants the driver to name the child. At a ceremony on Sunday, Shahnawaz will name the baby after the company he works for— Uber.
- School holiday in Lahore today01:35 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Inzamam-ul-Haq in hospital after heart attack01:20 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Dr Zakir Naik takes to Facebook in search of wife for son12:12 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- French President Macron comes under egg attack during visit to trade ...11:44 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- US Deputy State Secretary Sherman to visit Pakistan, India next month11:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021