Punjabi couple celebrate 90th wedding anniversary in UK
110-year-old Karam and 103-year-old Kartari Chand tied the knot in a traditional Punjabi ceremony in India on December 11, 1925, during the British rule and moved to England 40 years later.
"It is a blessing to have been married and to have lived this long. Life and marriage is all about happiness, it is what is most important," said Karam.
The couple from Bradford in West Yorkshire region of England have eight children, 27 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren and live with their youngest son Paul, his wife and two of their four children.
Paul believes the secret to a happy marriage like his parents' is not to argue.
Karam and Kartari moved to Bradford in 1965 and last month enjoyed a joint birthday celebration with family and friends from around the world.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021