Muslims barred to pray in open spaces in India’s Haryana
Offering Islamic prayers in open spaces will not be tolerated, says Haryana chief minister
NEW DELHI – Amid rising Islamophobia in second-most populous country, the chief minister of a major state barred Muslims from a religious obligation saying ‘Namaz in open spaces will not be tolerated’.
Haryana chief minister ML Khattar, who belongs to India’s fascist ruling party BJP, exposed India's intolerant side saying Muslims should only pray at designated places or in their homes.
The right-wing Hindu leader restricted Muslims to pray in open weeks after the state revoked permission to offer Friday congregational prayers at eight of the 37 public grounds in Gurugram.
He also added that the provincial administration would work out an amicable solution that doesn't encroach on anyone's rights.
“We don't have problems with anyone praying at places of worship. Those places have been built for this purpose,” Indian media quoted BJP leader as saying. “But these should not be done in the open. We won't tolerate the custom of offering Namaz in the open,” he opined.
Indian media outlets, that are said to be puppets of Indian extremist PM, relate prayers offered by Muslims in the open on government-owned to vociferous protests by right-wing groups.
On Thursday, Muslim groups in the Indian state had reiterated their obstinacy to offer namaz on Friday at all 37 objected public grounds which have been occupied to offer prayers.
Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off ... 09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
BHOPAL, INDIA — A group of Hindu extremists forced a Muslim woman riding pillion on a scooter to remove her hijab ...
On the other side, Hindu groups even issued an ultimatum to the authorities, saying they would stop Muslim prayers themselves if the officials fail to do so.
Meanwhile, Muslim residents claim there are no mosques in many of the areas where they can offer Friday prayer.
Pakistan condemns 'senseless attacks' against ... 11:05 PM | 30 Oct, 2021
Pakistan has strongly condemned vandalisation of several mosques, houses and shops of Muslims by radical Hindutva mobs ...
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Action sought against Imran Khan, Yasmin Rashid for ‘smear campaign ...08:49 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- IT and Textile could play critical role in Pakistan's economic ...08:12 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Yashma Gill shares her views regarding Humayun Saeed’s famous ...08:00 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Sindh announces public holidays for Eidul-Adha 202207:31 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:33 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022