FBISE announces 2016 SSC exam results
According to the announcement, Manaal Amir of Army Public School Peshawar topped the Islamabad-wide examinations, securing 1032 marks in the Science Group, whereas Areej Sajjad of Fauji Foundation College for Girls, New Lalazar Rawalpindi, Cant achieved the first position in the Humanities group with 985 marks.
Minister of State for Federal Education and Professional Training Muhammad Baleeg-ur-Rehman was the chief guest at the ceremony held in Islamabad to announce the results.
The junior minister said that the Federal Government was planning to introduce a new education policy in consensus with all the provinces to meet the requirements of the contemporary world. He said that the National Curriculum Council had been set up to prepare curriculum according to the national education standards.
He said that the FBISE was one of the best education boards in the country, adding that the Federal Government had launched a project to improve all the regional education boards, for which it had earmarked an amount of 50 million rupees.
In total, 63,711 regular candidates appeared in the examination out of which 58,081 have been declared successful showing pass percentage of 91.61 percent, whereas the number of private and ex-candidates, who appeared in the examination was 19,183 out of which 7809 candidates were declared successful.
The overall pass percentage of regular, private and ex-candidates remained 74.71 percent.
- PAKvZIM – Rizwan stars as Pakistan trounce Zimbabwe in first T20I05:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi still under arrest: Sheikh Rasheed05:27 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan opens new border crossing point with Iran in Pishin05:12 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ali Haider all set to host show for NTV Houston03:50 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Junoon goes Inquilaab! PM Imran uses Bollywood reference to show ...05:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021