International pop sensation Zayn Malik makes Urdu fashionable
According to Dawn, the rockstar has launched his 23-piece collection that consists of T-shirts, tops and bomber jackets. But what makes the collection truly special is Urdu artwork.
Talking to fashion magazine Vogue, Zayn expressed his views regarding his new venture.
"Everything was created with the idea that this is something I would want to wear. I wanted to approach this as an opportunity to extend my ideas as an artist, and to give fans another facet of who I am.”Zayn said.
About incorporating the Urdu script, he explained, “My family is from Pakistan, so having artwork in Urdu has huge significance to me.” he added.
Although every piece is a true depiction of dedication and hard work but Zayn personally liked the shirt called Z-Day, in which the singer is shown escaping a burning city. The artwork has an apocalyptic touch and will remind rock fans of album art from the '80s, and for a reason!
To make that specific shirt, Zayn had enlisted the service of Mark Wilkinson, the man behind the artwork for Iron Maiden's last record.
Earlier Zayn had launched an Urdu track in his album "Mind of Mine".
- Camon 16 Pro – Another Photography King of Camon Series is launched ...12:48 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- PM Imran thanks Sri Lanka for allowing burials of Muslim COVID-19 ...12:08 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- OPPO launches Reno 5 Pro in Pakistan with 5G-Ready Performance - ...11:41 AM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s Umar Akmal gets 6-month relief; fined Rs4.25 million11:00 AM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Joe Biden orders first military action in Syria10:27 AM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Dil Na Umeed Toh Nahi – A gripping plot about social evils09:42 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021