12 killed as bus carrying Pakistani, Bangladeshi migrants crashes in Turkey
At least 12 people including Pakistani natinoals were killed and 26 others injured after a bus carrying undocumented migrants crashed in eastern Turkey.
The incident occurred on Sunday in Muradiye district in Van province near the Turkish border with Iran. The minivan was carrying Pakistan, Afghan and Bangladesh migrants when the vehicle fell into a ditch and caught fire.
The identities of those killed in the accident were not revealed so far while the police have arrested the owner of the bus.
The exact number of Pakistanis killed in the accident is yet to known.
Migrants, mostly from Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan, regularly cross the Iranian border into Turkey on foot in a bid to reach western countries.
- Sindh announces winter vacations for schools from Dec 2003:19 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan didn’t aid or abet anyone in Afghanistan: Moeed Yusuf03:00 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Factory manager killed in Pakistan over 'blasphemy' buried in Lankan ...02:06 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan, China hold first economic committee meeting in 11 years01:25 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Did Maoist separatists target the chopper carrying India's top ...12:42 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021