Sindh mulls closure of primary schools as Covid cases spike
The Sindh health department on Monday asked the provincial government to close primary schools and put ban on indoor dining as Covid-19 positivity reach surged to seven percent in the province.
Sindh Chief Secretary Syed Mumtaz Ali Shah chaired a meeting to review the situation when the proposals were made.
The health department also proposed two-day closure of business, stating that the situation has turned alarming in Karachi with positivity rate climbing to 14%.
A report published by a local daily said that the proposals will be presented in the next meeting of the provincial task force on coronavirus.
The chief secretary has also directed the officials to seal the businesses where coronavirus standard operating procedures were not being implemented.
He also directed the Karachi commissioner to impose smart lockdowns in areas with a large number of infections.
The provincial government has administered 3.5 million jabs to people across the province so far.
Pakistan reports 1,808 new Covid infections, 15 ... 09:15 AM | 12 Jul, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 15 people lost their lives due to the third wave of the novel coronavirus infection while ...
- Pakistan to celebrate Youm-e-Takbeer with national zeal11:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022