World Day Against Child Labour being marked today
The theme for this year's observance is "End child labor in supply chains - It's everyone's business."
According to the United Nations, child labor is decreasing globally but child trafficking and child slavery have remained actually stagnant as 5.5 million children are still work as forced labor.
"There are still 168 million child laborers, more than half in dangerous forms of work, including as child soldiers and child prostitutes," a report linked to child laborer said.
The World Day Against Child Labour provides an opportunity to gain further support of individual governments and local authorities, as well as that of the civil society and others, in the campaign to tackle child labour around the world.
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Interior Minister says ‘performers giving Islamic touch now in need ...08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Deepika Padukone's choice of saree leaves netizens ...08:26 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Ahead of Independence Day, Pakistani youth hoisted national flag ...07:41 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Nida Yasir under scrutiny for posting video of branded outfits06:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar's wife tells why he's disappeared from social media05:07 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022