IHC trashes Vawda's plea against ECP's verdict in disqualification case
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court rejected a plea filed by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader and former federal minister Faisal Vawda seeking a stay to the disqualification case in the Election Commission of Pakistan.
Reports in local media said Chief Justice IHC Justice Athar Minallah threw out the plea in which the ruling party leader challenged ECP’s on the grounds that the federal body could decide on his ‘eligibility’ only within two months of the issuance of notification of his victory.
The court dismissed the senator's application, stating it ‘inadmissible’. Vawda should prove his innocence, and let the ECP take action according to the law, Justice Minallah remarked.
Meanwhile, ECP on Thursday gave the last chance to Vawda in the disqualification case and said that final arguments will now be held at the next hearing.
PTI Minister then moved the high court, praying the court to dismiss the ECP's decision. The case focuses on a plea filed by Dost Ali in 2020, seeking Vawda’s disqualification for hiding information about his dual nationality.
Faisal Vawda resigns from NA to avoid ... 10:48 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf National Assembly member Faisal Vawda has resigned from the National ...
Former Minister concealed his dual nationality at the time of filing of his nomination papers and falsely declared on oath that he didn’t hold any foreign nationality, the complainant said while urging ECP to disqualify him under Article 62.
PTI legislator contested 2018 general polls from NA-249 Karachi and was declared successful on August 7 that year.
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- PTA clears the air on blocking internet services amid political ...07:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022