#MeToo: Weinstein Harvey relieved as judge dismisses one case against him
Prosecutors said actress Lucia Evans had given a witness a different version of the alleged sexual assault from the one she had given them.
Ms. Evans has told US media that Mr. Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004.
Five charges involving alleged sex assaults on two women remain. Mr. Weinstein has denied all the charges.
Mr. Weinstein's lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said he would seek to have the remaining charges dismissed as well. Mr. Brafman also said he would investigate what he said had been "perjury" before the grand jury which indicted Mr. Weinstein, as well as the conduct of a New York police officer who had worked on the case.
After the hearing, the Manhattan district attorney's office released a letter it had sent to Mr. Brafman last month which said that a witness had told prosecutors that she had heard a version of the alleged assault from Ms. Evans that was different from the account Ms. Evans had originally given prosecutors.
The witness had given the different account to a New York police officer who had failed to tell prosecutors, the letter added. Ms. Evans's lawyer, Carrie Goldberg, said her client's account of events had been accurate.
"I want to be very clear that prosecutors' decision to abandon my client's claims does not invalidate the truth of her claims," Ms. Goldberg said. Mr. Weinstein has been accused of sexual misconduct by more than 70 women.
The accusations against him gave rise to the #MeToo movement, which has seen hundreds of women accusing high-profile men in business, government, and entertainment of sexual abuse and harassment. He has agreed to wear a GPS tracker and to surrender his passport.
The 66-year-old, who has been on $1m (£750,000) bail since his arrest in May, has denied having non-consensual sex, his lawyers have previously said.
- Quetta Gladiators unveil PSL 7 anthem featuring Ushna Shah, Shahid ...08:29 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan frees 20 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture08:22 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- PCB issues health and safety protocols for PSL 202207:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern cancels wedding due to Omicron surge07:03 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- WATCH: Pakistan Navy warship PNS Tabuk visits Bahrain06:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021