Young couple arrested for 'kissing' in car in Islamabad's G-9 sector
ISLAMABAD - Police on Sunday apprehended a young couple for allegedly kissing in a car parked in a shopping mall located in G-9/3 sector.
An investigation officer said that they carried out a raid after receiving information about the obscene act in the car parked in the city center and arrested the teenage couple red handed.
The couple, who both aged between 18-19, were kissing and cuddling when the police party reached the scene, the officers said, adding that the both were later taken to the Karachi Company police station.
A case has been registered against for obscene act at public place under Section 294 of the Pakistan Penal Code, "an offence punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months, or with fine, or with both".
The girl lived in G-8 while the boy is resident of G-7, the police official said, adding that the couple has been freed on bail after their arrest.
Talking to a leading English daily, SHO Muhammad Basheer also maintained that the couple were ‘kissing’. He termed it a small matter, adding that the media should focus on major crimes.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020