New Princess Diana musical to premiere on Netflix before Broadway debut
A musical about Diana, Princess of Wales, is set to release on Netflix before its Broadway debut.
Diana was initially set to open this March, but the debut was postponed as Broadway closed its theatres to help curb the spread of Covid-19.
Directed by Christopher Ashley and starring Jeanna de Waal as the title lead, the musical will be filmed in an empty theatre for the Netflix debut.
A statement released by the show’s producers reads, “We speak for the entire company when we say that we couldn’t be more excited to finally be able to share our show with theater lovers everywhere."
“Though there is no substitute for the live theater, we are honored to be a part of the quality entertainment that Netflix provides its subscribers worldwide,” it continued.
The production, which explores Diana's courtship, the public crumbling of her marriage to Britain’s Prince Charles and the incredible legacy she’s left behind, is now scheduled to open on May 25, 2021.
The Netflix production will be available to the public in early 2021.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Houthis' attacks on Saudi Arabia11:39 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020