PM Imran inaugurates Peshawar's Bus Rapid Transit
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday inaugurated Bus Rapid Transit Project in the capital city of northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Speaking on the occasion, Imran Khan congratulated the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government especially Defence Minister Pervez Khattak for 3rd generation transport facility in Peshawar.
After improving KP Police, Health and Education, planting over 1 Billion trees, reviving Tourism, increasing own-source revenue, constructing hydropower projects and Swat Motorway; PM @ImranKhanPTI team in KP has officially launched #ZuPeshawarBRT; Congratulations to all🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/1IoEbm2sUH— PTI (@PTIofficial) August 13, 2020
He said the fare of BRT is affordable for common people and students, the state broadcaster reported.
Imran Khan said the BRT hybrid buses will reduce pollution besides solving the traffic issues in the city.
Later, the prime minister inspected the buses, ticketing system and expressed satisfaction over the arrangements made for commuters.
Earlier the Prime Minister was briefed that the route of BRT is twenty-seven-kilometer-long main corridor with thirty stations.
Initially, 220 air-conditioned buses will ply on the corridor. Free Wi-Fi and mobile charging facilities have also been arranged for travellers.
More than three-hundred thousand commuters will use BRT on daily basis.
Governor & Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Federal Ministers Pervez Khattak and Noorul Haq Qadri were also present on this occasion.
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020