FIA writes to Imran Khan seeking party funding details
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has sent a letter to PTI chairman Imran Khan, seeking details of funds received by his political party since established.
The letter has been written by a deputy director of Islamabad Zone days after the investigation agency launched a probe in light of a ruling of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) that PTI received prohibited funds.
The former prime minister has been asked to provide record of all organisation and trusts of PTI since its establishment in 1996.
FIA has also sought details of funds received from foreign companies and persons, and record of membership fees.
The investigation agency has opened a total of six inquiries simultaneously in major cities of Pakistan, including federal capital Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta and Karachi.
The investigation agency has summoned former National Assembly speaker and senior PTI leader Asad Qaiser and Punjab Minister Mian Mahmood-ur-Rashid along with others.
PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited ... 02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Wednesday moved the Islamabad High Court (IHC) against the ...
- COAS General Bajwa likely to meet top official during his stay in US10:00 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Miftah Ismail terms slash in POL prices 'reckless' decision09:08 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ace Junior League concludes at Lahore Garrison08:40 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022