Independence Day - Pakistan announces prestigious civil award for London Mayor Sadiq Khan
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan government has announced to bestow a prestigious civil award on London Mayor Sadiq Khan in recognition of his services to strengthen relationship between Pakistan and the United Kingdom.
Khan, who is serving as mayor of London for the second consecutive term since 2016, will be presented the Sitara-e-Pakistan on the eve of Pakistan’s Independence Day during a ceremony at the Pakistan High Commission.
The Pakistan origin politician was re-elected as mayor in 2021 after he defeated Conservative rival Shaun Bailey.
Let it be known that the 50-year-old, before coming into mainstream politics, is a former human rights lawyer and brought up on a London public housing complex.
Sadiq Khan’s parents migrated to the UK in 1968 and his father had been worked as a bus driver.
Pakistani origin Sadiq Khan elected London mayor ... 11:06 AM | 9 May, 2021
KARACHI – Pakistani origin London Mayor Sadiq Khan won a second stint at City Hall with victory over Conservative ...
- Mohsin Abbas Haider's 'Main Hoon Shahruh Khan' receives praise09:56 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG, Match 7: Pakistan need 210 runs to win T20I series against ...09:21 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Reema Khan shares pictures from her birthday event08:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022