Top court dismisses PTI’s plea to suspend ECP ruling on Daska by-poll
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected the plea of the ruling party to suspend the Election Commission of Pakistan’s (ECP) decision ordering re-election in NA-75 Daska.
A three-member bench of the Supreme Court led by Justice Umar Ata Bandial was hearing the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf petition against the ECP’s ruling.
Justice Bandial of the apex court while announcing the verdict remarked Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is a constitutional institution. The re-election will be held anyway. The court will only decide whether it will be held in the whole constituency or in limited polling stations, the judge added.
ECP orders action against top officers over NA-75 ... 06:55 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has ordered stern action against top administration ...
Earlier on March 5, Asjad Malhi of the ruling party had challenged the ECP’s decision of re-election in NA-75 Daska after declaring as null and void the outcome of the February 19 by-election.
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021