Shahbaz Sharif condemns apprehension of PML-N workers in letter to Caretaker Punjab CM
Shehbaz asserted that these actions were taken to give an advantage to a specific political party, an indirect reference to Pakistan Tehreek-e Insaf (PTI).
Wrote a letter to the Caretaker Chief Minister Punjab to protest the illegal detention of our party workers. Also demanded their immediate release. The copies of the letter have been sent to Chief Justice of Pakistan and the Chief Election Commissioner.— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) July 12, 2018
The younger Sharif has called upon Mr. Askari for the immediate release of the detained workers.
Nawaz Sharif, Maryam arrested from Lahore ... 06:03 PM | 13 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - Ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz, who were arrested after they arrived in ...
In his correspondence Shahbaz Sharif condemned the countrywide crackdown on party workers while accusing the caretaker set-up of targeting his party.
Terming the arrests pre-poll rigging PML-N president said apprehended workers were being shifted to Kot Lakhpat jail without judicial remand in a blatant violation of Elections code of conduct.
Copies of the letter have also been dispatched to Election Commission of Pakistan and CJP.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020