Shahbaz Sharif condemns apprehension of PML-N workers in letter to Caretaker Punjab CM
Shehbaz asserted that these actions were taken to give an advantage to a specific political party, an indirect reference to Pakistan Tehreek-e Insaf (PTI).
Wrote a letter to the Caretaker Chief Minister Punjab to protest the illegal detention of our party workers. Also demanded their immediate release. The copies of the letter have been sent to Chief Justice of Pakistan and the Chief Election Commissioner.— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) July 12, 2018
The younger Sharif has called upon Mr. Askari for the immediate release of the detained workers.
Nawaz Sharif, Maryam arrested from Lahore ... 06:03 PM | 13 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - Ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz, who were arrested after they arrived in ...
In his correspondence Shahbaz Sharif condemned the countrywide crackdown on party workers while accusing the caretaker set-up of targeting his party.
Terming the arrests pre-poll rigging PML-N president said apprehended workers were being shifted to Kot Lakhpat jail without judicial remand in a blatant violation of Elections code of conduct.
Copies of the letter have also been dispatched to Election Commission of Pakistan and CJP.
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 411 new infections, 7 deaths in a day09:26 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 November 202108:42 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Supreme Court seeks policy statement from services chiefs on ...11:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021