Former hockey Olympian Naveed Alam succumbs to cancer at 47
LAHORE – Former hockey Olympian Naveed Alam died of cancer, the daughter of the member of the winning team of the 1994 World Cup said Tuesday.
The eminent athlete was diagnosed with blood cancer earlier this month and was under chemotherapy at Shaukat Khanum Hospital, Lahore.
Reports quoting his daughter cited that his health deteriorated following chemotherapy last night and he was transferred to the ICU.
He earlier approached the federal and provincial authorities to take note and provide necessary aid for treatment, which was estimated to cost four million rupees.
The Sindh government has written a letter to Shaukat Khanum hospital Lahore, stating that it will bear all expenses for the treatment of Olympian Naveed Alam.
More to follow...
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to get 3.5mn doses of Chinese COVID vaccines in two days: ...10:49 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: COVID SOPs go for a toss at PTI MNA daughter’s big fat ...10:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021