Former hockey Olympian Naveed Alam succumbs to cancer at 47
LAHORE – Former hockey Olympian Naveed Alam died of cancer, the daughter of the member of the winning team of the 1994 World Cup said Tuesday.
The eminent athlete was diagnosed with blood cancer earlier this month and was under chemotherapy at Shaukat Khanum Hospital, Lahore.
Reports quoting his daughter cited that his health deteriorated following chemotherapy last night and he was transferred to the ICU.
He earlier approached the federal and provincial authorities to take note and provide necessary aid for treatment, which was estimated to cost four million rupees.
The Sindh government has written a letter to Shaukat Khanum hospital Lahore, stating that it will bear all expenses for the treatment of Olympian Naveed Alam.
More to follow...
- Burj Khalifa turns white and green to mark Pakistan’s Independence ...11:23 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Taliban welcome Indian decision to return embassy staff to Kabul10:49 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- In Independence Day message, Blinken calls for further strengthening ...10:28 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- One died, scores injured in Karachi during celebratory gunfire on ...09:12 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Much awaited trailer of 'The Legend of Maula Jatt' FINALLY released08:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Celebs celebrate Pakistan’s Independence Day07:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022