Karachi streets greet first female traffic wardens (VIDEO)
KARACHI – Lady traffic wardens turned up on two-wheelers on main boulevards on Tuesday for patrolling duty for the first time in the history of the southeastern province of Pakistan.
The traffic police department for the first time deployed female officers in the area of Shara e Faisal and Clifton. In a short clip shared on the official handle of Karachi Traffic Police, the lady cops all donned in white and navy can be seen riding 125cc and 150 cc bikes.
Reports quoting traffic officials said the women wardens have not yet been given the authority to issue a challan as the initial task of female personnel is to provide awareness and monitor the traffic in the country’s largest metropolis.
The female traffic personnel will be patrolling from the Metropole Chowk to the Airport, it further added.
Last month, around 23 female traffic wardens were deployed in Rawalpindi to educate road users about violation of traffic rules, lane restrictions, use of helmets besides the enforcement of other traffic regulations.
First Pakistani woman police warden selected for ... 01:06 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
LAHORE – The first lady warden of City Traffic Police, Salma Abdul Ghani has departed for a UN mission to ...
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:42 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- COVID-19: Pakistan reports over 5,000 daily cases for first time ...09:15 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 01 August 202108:43 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021